Hello. I’m Debs Wallace and my passion is helping people. I am motivated to help people who are facing problems and finding life difficult at the moment. With over 25 years of helping people, I have a heart for those who are suffering. My skill is relating to people in a caring way who need help, and I provide the tools to enable them to cope better.
I live and work in Basingstoke, and have done so for over twenty years. I know the area, and can relate to some of the challenges faced by people here. This knowledge provides an insight and empathy which people find helpful.
My counselling experience
I am involved in the following local activities and projects:
- Young People’s Independent Counselling (YPI). I was elected a Basingstoke Board Trustee in 2014.
- The Princess Royal Trust (North Hampshire). I see clients on behalf of the Trust. I also give talks at the Trust’s Alzheimer’s Cafe, aimed at carers and people living with dementia. Recent talks have included ‘emotions’, ‘grieving and guilt’, and ‘understanding stress’.
- I worked at a secondary school in South London, in their youth wing
- Youth work locally here in Basingstoke.
- Oakridge Young Peoples’ Project (backed by the Children’s Society)
- Hampshire County Council’s Whitchurch Activities Project (street work with young people).
Debs Wallace – Working with women
I have a passion for working with women. I suffered an extreme dose of postnatal depression, and went on to train as a postnatal illness support group co-ordinator for the Basingstoke National Childbirth Trust (NCT). With many years’ experience in this role, I understand the effects of this illness, and provide help to those who were suffering.
British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), certificate number 057312. I attend regular counselling supervision and training to further my professional development, which is recommended by BACP. The BACP Regional Counsellors Networking Group is facilitated by me. Here, we are able to put our heads together four times a year, and support each other in our work. I believe in the benefit of these groups to help our work with clients.
Finally, I am DBS checked, have professional indemnity insurance and I am registered under the Data Protection Act as a Data Controller.
Debs Wallace Dip HE – Professional Qualifications
- I am part-way through my BA(Hons) Degree (validated by University of Roehampton). Training has incorporated Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Internal Family Systems (IFS).
- Competent Communicator – Toastmasters International – May 2015
- Diploma of Higher Education in Person-Centred Counselling (Middlesex University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (BCoT Basingstoke)
- Certificate and Diploma in Grief and Bereavement Counselling (Institute of Counselling, Glasgow)
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration
- Certificate in part-time youth work (Brunel University)
- Pitmans and RSA Secretarial Qualifications
- Boundaries and Confidentiality
- Sand Tray
- Therapeutic use of labyrinths
- Postnatal Depression
- Therapeutic Intervention in Management of Aggression
Internal Training at St Michael’s Hospice
- Working with bereavement
- Working with Families
- Ethical Awareness
- Sexuality and Spirituality in Palliative and End of Life care
- Working with Suicide
- Deeper empathy
- Communication Skills
Central Division Youth Service (Hampshire)
- Starting out in Streetwork
- Tackling Prejudice, Racism & Sexism
- Advanced Groupwork Training
- Drugs Awareness
Contact Debs Wallace
Call Debs Wallace in confidence on 07500 770464 / 01256 976747 or email her
Click to learn more about Harmony Counselling